Eye & Vision Exams in Plano, TX
Every person needs regular eye exams to ensure good eye health and good vision. At Omni Eye Care Center, we administer comprehensive eye exams to the people of Plano TX and the surrounding communities. Our vision exams can help students perform in school, can catch changes in refractive error and can help adults who need to see clearly in order to drive.
The Importance of Our Plano Eye Exams
There are many benefits of Plano eye and vision exams for patients.
- Improved vision. If refractive error is detected during your vision exam, your eye doctor will prescribe corrective lenses to help you see better. Improved vision is important for driving, navigating, performing on the job and performing in academic settings.
- Better health. Eye exams are designed to detect problems like eye cancer, which can be fatal. Catching this disease in its early stages can improve your prognosis.
- Catch changes in prescription. People who already have refractive error may develop more severe vision problems as time goes on. Seeing the eye doctor regularly can help patients keep their prescription up to date.
What To Expect From Your Eye Doctor
Vision exams are administered as quickly and efficiently as possible. During the vision exam, we use specialized equipment to inspect the inside and outside of our patients’ eyes as thoroughly as possible. We check for the following:
- Eye health. We’ll look for symptoms of diseases like glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts and other eye problems. If we detect any diseases, we’ll make recommendations for treatment.
- Clarity of vision. Our eye exams will check your eyes for signs of refractive error. If we detect refractive error, we’ll prescribe corrective lenses. Patients with vision problems will have the option of getting glasses or contact lenses. Patients who wish to obtain contact lenses will need to undergo an additional contact lens exam to determine whether or not they’re good candidates for using contact lenses.
- Eye function. We’ll check your eyes to determine whether or not they function properly. During this part of the exam, we’ll check your eyes for depth perception, ability to track moving objects, ability to perceive color and so on.
When to Come in For An Eye Exam
e recommend that all patients see the eye doctor for an eye exam at least once per year. Some patients, like people who suffer from diabetes, are at increased risk for eye diseases and should see the eye doctor multiple times per year. Patients should also see the eye doctor if they detect symptoms of eye problems, such as:
- Blurry vision
- Difficulty focusing
- Sensitivity to light
- Eye pain
- Flashing lights
- Floaters in the vision
- Seeing a “curtain” coming down over the field of vision
Patients should see the eye doctor starting from around one year of age and through their senior years. Getting regular eye care from a young age is the best way to ensure good eye health.
Contact Your Eye Doctor for Plano Eye Exams
At Omni Eye Care Center, we encourage all people of Plano and the surrounding area to make regular appointments for vision exams. Whether you have glasses or have never needed corrective lenses, you should see the eye doctor on a regular basis.
To find out more or to make an appointment for an eye exam, contact your eye doctor at Omni Eye Care Center today at (972) 985-7888.